I’d been having the desire to make homemade creamed corn since last year, and I’m not sure as to why I never got around to it last summer. Well, we finally had some good looking corn at the store the other day, and I decided to go for it. I also picked up some chicken things, dredged them in flour, and gave them a quick fry in the pan (and then added about a 1/2 cup of stock and finished in a 350 degree oven for about 18 minutes) to go with them. It looks like creamed corn is now going to be making lots of appearances at our house this summer. And I’m thinking that a little bit of fried okra right on top would be a great way to finish this dish next time.
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Roasted Chicken Caesar Salad with Parmesan Crostini
- Nashville, Trip #2
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Fried Catfish with Hashbrowns
- Pickled Veggies
- Meat Loaf with Creamy Onion Gravy
- White Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Our St. George Island, FL Vacation
- Clam, Grouper, and Oyster Bouillabaisse (or, at least, my version of it)
- Bay Scallop Ceviche
- Our Florida Surf and Turf
- BBQ Grouper
- It’s Football Snacking Time!
- Salmon with Potato and Bean Pesto Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
- Shrimp BLT’s
- Eggplant and Tomato Ragout over Quinoa Cakes
- Okra, Two Ways – Fried and Pickled
- Burger, Round 3 – The Breakfast Burger
- Gazpacho, Version #2
What’s Been Happeningaioli asparagus avocado Bacon basil brussel sprouts burger buttermilk chocolate cilantro coconut milk Comfort Food cookies cooking corn cornmeal dessert drinks Eggs farmers' market fillet mignon fingerling potatoes fingerlings food Fried green tomatoes gazpacho good for company grilling grits grouper Hash hillbilly casino indirect grilling martinis mint Mushrooms nashville oyster mushrooms pan sauce Pasta pasta salad peanut sauce peas pesto pickled onions pickled vegetables Polenta Pork potatoes potato salad radishes Ragout recipes red wine sauce Restaurant ricotta risotto salad scallops sherry vinegar shrimp smoker spinach Springfield IL sriracha St. Louis steak strawberries toffee tomatillos tomatoes Travel vodka white chocolate liqueur white chocolate martini
The Gourmet Wino
Eating, drinking, and cooking everywhere I can.