I lived in the South (South Carolina and Georgia) for about three years, and soon found upon my arrival that they make certain foods there that were completely new to me, yet caused me to wonder how I could possibly ever live life with out them again. These included pimento cheese, fried green tomatoes, and shrimp and grits. Obviously, health concerns are not much of a factor to me. The creamy grits, the salty bacon, the perfectly cooked shrimp – heaven! And to top it off, it is a dish that is equally acceptable as either breakfast or dinner. You can’t go wrong!
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Roasted Chicken Caesar Salad with Parmesan Crostini
- Nashville, Trip #2
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Fried Catfish with Hashbrowns
- Pickled Veggies
- Meat Loaf with Creamy Onion Gravy
- White Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Our St. George Island, FL Vacation
- Clam, Grouper, and Oyster Bouillabaisse (or, at least, my version of it)
- Bay Scallop Ceviche
- Our Florida Surf and Turf
- BBQ Grouper
- It’s Football Snacking Time!
- Salmon with Potato and Bean Pesto Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
- Shrimp BLT’s
- Eggplant and Tomato Ragout over Quinoa Cakes
- Okra, Two Ways – Fried and Pickled
- Burger, Round 3 – The Breakfast Burger
- Gazpacho, Version #2
What’s Been Happeningaioli asparagus avocado Bacon basil brussel sprouts burger buttermilk chocolate cilantro coconut milk Comfort Food cookies cooking corn cornmeal dessert drinks Eggs farmers' market fillet mignon fingerling potatoes fingerlings food Fried green tomatoes gazpacho good for company grilling grits grouper Hash hillbilly casino indirect grilling martinis mint Mushrooms nashville oyster mushrooms pan sauce Pasta pasta salad peanut sauce peas pesto pickled onions pickled vegetables Polenta Pork potatoes potato salad radishes Ragout recipes red wine sauce Restaurant ricotta risotto salad scallops sherry vinegar shrimp smoker spinach Springfield IL sriracha St. Louis steak strawberries toffee tomatillos tomatoes Travel vodka white chocolate liqueur white chocolate martini
The Gourmet Wino
Eating, drinking, and cooking everywhere I can.