My husband had been angling to get a smoker the past couple years, but we had yet to find one that was in our price range, while sill being fairly quality. We managed to find one last week, and put it into use on Saturday. We have a beef brisket on order to do next weekend, but for our first venture, we went with chicken. We served it with a country-style potato salad and some Swiss chard from our garden.
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Roasted Chicken Caesar Salad with Parmesan Crostini
- Nashville, Trip #2
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Fried Catfish with Hashbrowns
- Pickled Veggies
- Meat Loaf with Creamy Onion Gravy
- White Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Our St. George Island, FL Vacation
- Clam, Grouper, and Oyster Bouillabaisse (or, at least, my version of it)
- Bay Scallop Ceviche
- Our Florida Surf and Turf
- BBQ Grouper
- It’s Football Snacking Time!
- Salmon with Potato and Bean Pesto Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
- Shrimp BLT’s
- Eggplant and Tomato Ragout over Quinoa Cakes
- Okra, Two Ways – Fried and Pickled
- Burger, Round 3 – The Breakfast Burger
- Gazpacho, Version #2
What’s Been Happeningaioli asparagus avocado Bacon basil brussel sprouts burger buttermilk chocolate cilantro coconut milk Comfort Food cookies cooking corn cornmeal dessert drinks Eggs farmers' market fillet mignon fingerling potatoes fingerlings food Fried green tomatoes gazpacho good for company grilling grits grouper Hash hillbilly casino indirect grilling martinis mint Mushrooms nashville oyster mushrooms pan sauce Pasta pasta salad peanut sauce peas pesto pickled onions pickled vegetables Polenta Pork potatoes potato salad radishes Ragout recipes red wine sauce Restaurant ricotta risotto salad scallops sherry vinegar shrimp smoker spinach Springfield IL sriracha St. Louis steak strawberries toffee tomatillos tomatoes Travel vodka white chocolate liqueur white chocolate martini
The Gourmet Wino
Eating, drinking, and cooking everywhere I can.