I love pickled foods. I feel like I have not met a vegetable that I don’t like pickled. I’ll even take some fruits pickled. Last weekend at the market they had some pickling cucumbers, so I thought I’d make a quick, just kind of “standard” batch. Next week when I get more, I’ll change up the pickling recipe to play around with the ingredients to see what works better (or, not so much better.) I picked up a few radishes, too, and thought that the radishes with some spring onions would be a good combo as well. Now, I’ve put these all in Mason jars, and I think they will keep fine in the fridge for about a month. But, I did not actually “can” them, as in process them in a hot water bath. I do hope to do that, though, for some veggies, relishes, and what have you this summer. Botulism be damned!
- Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Roasted Chicken Caesar Salad with Parmesan Crostini
- Nashville, Trip #2
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Fried Catfish with Hashbrowns
- Pickled Veggies
- Meat Loaf with Creamy Onion Gravy
- White Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Our St. George Island, FL Vacation
- Clam, Grouper, and Oyster Bouillabaisse (or, at least, my version of it)
- Bay Scallop Ceviche
- Our Florida Surf and Turf
- BBQ Grouper
- It’s Football Snacking Time!
- Salmon with Potato and Bean Pesto Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
- Shrimp BLT’s
- Eggplant and Tomato Ragout over Quinoa Cakes
- Okra, Two Ways – Fried and Pickled
- Burger, Round 3 – The Breakfast Burger
- Gazpacho, Version #2
What’s Been Happeningaioli asparagus avocado Bacon basil brussel sprouts burger buttermilk chocolate cilantro coconut milk Comfort Food cookies cooking corn cornmeal dessert drinks Eggs farmers' market fillet mignon fingerling potatoes fingerlings food Fried green tomatoes gazpacho good for company grilling grits grouper Hash hillbilly casino indirect grilling martinis mint Mushrooms nashville oyster mushrooms pan sauce Pasta pasta salad peanut sauce peas pesto pickled onions pickled vegetables Polenta Pork potatoes potato salad radishes Ragout recipes red wine sauce Restaurant ricotta risotto salad scallops sherry vinegar shrimp smoker spinach Springfield IL sriracha St. Louis steak strawberries toffee tomatillos tomatoes Travel vodka white chocolate liqueur white chocolate martini
The Gourmet Wino
Eating, drinking, and cooking everywhere I can.